People face issues like dry scalp, hair loss, breakage, thinning, damaged hair on a regular basis now. What or whom can you blame? Pollution, genes, poorly designed hair products in the market, stressful and unhealthy lifestyles, or lack of attention?
While all of these contribute to the problem, the blame game does no good. It is rather better to be more aware and nourish your hair at home instead of resorting to chemicals that can only further add to the problems.
You can’t really be spending your hard earned money on a hair spa everyday but the good news is that you don’t have to. Discover a homemade hair mask that works for your hair and stick to it for life.
Many factors can lead your mane to lifelessness. Mundane and unnoticed habits like washing your hair too frequently, skipping the conditioner, hard water in the city, heat styling, hot water showers, dehydration, hair treatments and towel drying your hair can easily suck the health out of your hair.
However, you can save your hair from all the damage and restore its lost luster with these simple yet highly effective homemade hair masks.
Homemade Hair Mask For Hair Growth And Thickness
To restore the hair health, thickness and boost growth, you must focus on protein-rich, nourishing and more moisturizing ingredients. Here are some of the best homemade hair masks you can use if you wish to improve the thickness and growth of your hair, all within a reasonably minimal budget.
Banana to the rescue!
Bananas are packed with natural oils, potassium and antioxidants. The fruit makes a great mask for hair growth and hair loss.
- Peel a couple of ripe bananas and mash them up to form a paste.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and pour some honey over it.
- Apply it over your hair and let it sit for 35-40 minutes.
- Once your locks harden, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
Do this once a month.
Strawberries can cleanse the pores on your scalp leading to uninterrupted growth and add a natural shine to your hair.
- Take a few fresh pieces of strawberries and blend them in a mixer.
- Empty the paste into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, scalp and roots.
- Leave it for an hour and wash it off with chilled water.
Do this twice a month for the best results
Custom Hair Mask For Dry Hair
Many of us believe in the magic of homemade products over pricey products that are not particularly suited for your hair. It’s amazing how homemade products give us the liberty to monitor the ingredients and their quality. This luxury, accompanied with thorough scientific research and clean beauty products, is what makes custom hair care by Bare Anatomy a great option for your hair care woes! We take into account your hair and scalp type, hair goals, location. age, lifestyle, preferences etc, and customize hair products that suit you! This makes customized products or homemade hair masks even more efficient, especially when you’re struggling with issues like dry hair accompanied with an oily scalp! Intrigued? Fill in the hair quiz now!
For the love of aloe vera!
The best part about this mask is that it’s quick to make, and it basically needs just a couple of ingredients (you can add more if you wish to.)
- Take a tub of aloe vera gel and pour a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil, olive oil and a few drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Mix it well or transfer the mixture in a jar. Shake it well.
- Once your gel starts looking like white whipped cream, your mask is ready.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it overnight.
- Wake up in the morning and shampoo your hair to unveil its nourished and bouncy look.
Avocado in the house!
This hair mask is highly hydrating. It will help smoothen and soften your hair, along with adding some natural shine. The honey being a natural humectant attracts moisture and avocados are rich in fatty acids which repairs the damage that has already been done. This mask also fights frizz.
- Mix ½ avocado, 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoon coconut oil in a blender till smooth.
- Apply the mixture from root to tip and wash it off after an hour.
Homemade Hair Mask For Thin Hair With Split Ends
Castor oil is rich in protein, hence, it repairs damaged hair and protects the scalp. That is why this is one of the most effective homemade hair masks for thin hair with split ends.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and a tablespoon of brandy to 3 tablespoon of castor oil.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply it from roots to the ends.
- Let it sit for 25-30 minutes.
- Wash it off using a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
Repeat it thrice a month.
Bare Tip: To avoid split ends, get regular hair trim.
FAQs On Nourishing Homemade Hair Masks
Is curd good for dry hair?
Curd is an amazing ingredient if you want to keep your scalp away from infections as it is packed with anti-bacterial properties. It reduces stubborn dandruff and itchiness. Enriched with fatty acids, curd is also beneficial to attain healthy and frizz-free hair.
Should you shampoo after applying curd?
Not necessarily. A mixture of curd and lemon is a natural remedy to control grey hair appearances and hair loss, you don’t need to wash it off with shampoo.
Try these homemade hair masks and bid your hair problems goodbye!
Use the right hair care products
Apart from giving your hair a weekly spa day at home, make sure you are using the right products that are suited for your hair and scalp type, age, location, lifestyle, hair goals and preferences, ALL WHILE BEING 100% CLEAN & VEGAN! The shampoo and conditioner that you use regularly play a big role in your hair's health, so it's best to customize it with the highest grade of clean ingredients. Bare Anatomy customizes such hair care that is unique formulated for your hair, and your hair only! Check it out!